Thursday, June 14, 2012

Limitations

I think that I am very adventuress. The only problem now is being limited by what I can do. I have always dreamed of summiting Mt. Rainier in Washington but now do to my disability I will probably never be able to do that. I will also never be able to play an intense game of backyard football with my son or run any distance for pretty much any reason.
If you are not familiar with my disability it basically causes my body to shut off because it thinks it is not getting blood flow to the brain when my heart rate is increased or when I am dehydrated, sick or just out of the blue. It's weird because I can go a month or two and be good or I can pass out twice in one day.
It is scary at times but recently I was able to be prescribed a service dog. I am using a dog I already own as my service dog and her training has gone faster than any dog my trainer has dealt with. She is my best friend and it does mean so much to have her by my side everyday and it also gives me some confidence.
I want to use this adventure to overcome limitations and to enjoy life. The freedom of the open road the wind in my hair. But the first limitation I need to overcome is to complete the El Dorado. I have some ideas of things I want to do but first I need to finish construction.
Tomorrow I will venture to the hardware store and pick up some supplies and get the framing finished. Then I can look into my finishing touches. Things like Rustoleum 1 Quart Magnetic Latex Primer 247596 which will allow me to make a wall to collect magnets from around the country. Or maybe a little mood lighting around the cabinets like this Sidewinderz LED Light Strip - WHITE - 24 Lights - RAD-2024-50. I am still brainstorming other ideas as my brain just does not stop working.

No comments:

Post a Comment